- A070 – SENIOR NETWORK AND COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEER
Applicants wishing to apply for a post should email the completed application and supporting documentation to email@example.com
What we need? The completed application and supporting documentation:
- a curriculum vitae;
- a copy of your passport;
- evidence of your highest educational or professional qualification;
- (if applicable) a document/certificate/statement regarding your security clearance;
- (if applicable) If your nationality has changed or is in the process of being changed, please provide certified copy of naturalisation decree for new nationality and explain the reasons for changing in the OCCAR application form (Section 2).
Who we are? About us? - link to http://www.occar.int/about-us
Required language skills? - link to Guidance on OCCAR language level equivalences
What we offer? - link to http://www.occar.int/start-induction
Where we are? – link to http://www.occar.int/living-in-bonn
Staff members of OCCAR-EA shall be appointed on the basis of their qualifications, skills, competences and experience which best match those detailed in the vacancy notice for the relevant post. They are recruited only to fulfil a formally established Post. We recruit nationals from Member States for posts in Central Office. The paramount consideration in the appointment of the staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of competence, diligence and integrity.
A staff member is appointed to a post in OCCAR-EA only on condition that:
- he/she is a national of a Member State;
- he/she is at least 18 years old and under 64 years of age at the time of taking up his appointment;
- he/she has completed any initial term of compulsory military service or equivalent required of him/her under the provisions of his national legislation;
- he/she fulfils the physical standards demanded by the exercise of his functions and he is recognised as being free from or definitely cured of any disease which might constitute a risk to others within normal working conditions;
- he/she meets the language requirements of the advertised post;
- he/she is not closely related to another staff member and
- OCCAR-EA has not received any indication of a possible refusal of a security clearance certificate from the competent authorities of the country or countries of which the candidate is a national.
OCCAR is an international organisation that promotes equal opportunities. Consequently, recruitment for OCCAR posts is performed regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origins, sexual orientation, disability, religious and political affiliation.
Balance of nationalities
Taking into account that staff will be selected on the basis of merit and the best person for the job, it is the Director's responsibility to seek to maintain a reasonable balance of staff between the Nations. In the Central Office, the balance shall be between OCCAR Member States.
Contract Policy/ Remuneration
The successful candidate will be offered a first definite duration appointment on the International Staff of OCCAR in Bonn (Germany) in accordance with the following conditions of employment:
- The appointment is subject to the delivery of a certificate of physical fitness by the designated OCCAR-EA Medical Adviser. The successful candidate will have to pass a medical examination, which will be coordinated by OCCAR Human Resources Division.
- The appointment is subject to the delivery of a current valid security clearance from your national security authority, indicating the level of security stipulated in the vacancy notice. OCCAR-EA will take action to obtain the required Personal Security Clearance from the successful candidates’ national authorities.
Appointments are made for a period of up to three years. The first six months of the first definite duration appointment are considered as a probationary period.
The OCCAR-EA Director may offer staff members extensions of their contracts with each extension being for a maximum of 2 years. The extensions will be offered on the basis of performance of the staff members and operational requirements of the organisation including the management of the annual staff turnover. The total length of employment by OCCAR in one or several contracts or periods shall not exceed 9 years.
A staff member is employed by OCCAR-EA in a post of a specific grade and with designation of the location or locations where the duties are to be performed. Staff member’s initial contract will be offered with a starting (basic) salary of step 1.
In addition to basic salary, allowances are paid under certain conditions (depending on the personal circumstances and family situation of the staff member) and on production of the relevant documents. Basic salaries and allowances are net of income tax. Throughout the period of this contract your salary, and any associated allowances, may be adjusted in accordance with the OCCAR Management Procedures (OMP). Please visit our internet site for further information (http://www.occar.int/remuneration).
The grading and salary system of OCCAR is similar to other international "Co-ordinated Organisations" (NATO, ESA).
A Personal Security Clearance at a minimum of SECRET level is required.
OCCAR-EA will take action to obtain the required Personal Security Clearance from the successful candidates’ national authorities. However, applicants already in possession of a Personal Security Clearance will be considered favourably.
The information that you provide during the recruitment process and that obtained from other sources will be used to process your application for employment. If you succeed in your application and take up employment with us, the information will be used in the administration of your employment with us.
By submitting the application form and the supporting documentation you agree to the processing of sensitive personal data. If your application is unsuccessful, the form and related attachments will be destroyed.